Grimsley & Levering
Grimsley & Levering was a mercantile business established on June 28, 1835, when William P. Grimsley and Laurason Levering entered into a partnership. The store sold dry goods, hardware, groceries, shoes, boots, and a variety of other goods. The enterprise continued until January 13, 1841, when Grimsley and Levering dissolved the partnership by mutual consent, Levering buying out Grimsely and starting his own store.
Sangamo Journal (Springfield, IL), 4 July 1835, 3:6; 19 January 1841, 3:4.