Hamilton County Circuit Court
When Hamilton County was created in 1821, the Hamilton County Circuit Court was assigned to the Second Judicial Circuit. It remained part of the Second Circuit until 1824. It was part of the Fourth Judicial Circuit from 1824 to 1827 and the Third Judicial Circuit from 1827 to 1851, at which point it was assigned to the Twelfth Judicial Circuit.
"An Act Changing the Terms of Circuit Courts and Altering the Circuits," 14 February 1821, Laws Passed by the Second General Assembly of the State of Illinois (1821), 158; "An Act Constituting and Regulating the Supreme and Circuit Courts of this State," 29 December 1824, Laws Passed by the Fourth General Assembly of the State of Illinois (1825), 42; "An Act to Amend 'An Act Constituting and Regulating the Supreme and Circuit Courts of this State,' Approved December 29, 1824," 12 January 1827 Revised Code of Laws, of Illinois (1827), 119; "An Act to Establish the Twelfth Judicial Circuit," 1 February 1851 General Laws of the State of Illinois (1851), 13.