Lat/Long: 39.591544, -89.990701
Around 1835, Appalonia (or Appolonia) was established about a mile west of Waverly. Appalonia contained a few families and businesses but never thrived, and it lost its U.S. Post Office in 1847 in favor of Waverly. Appalonia is no longer in existence.
James N. Adams, comp., Illinois Place Names (Springfield: Illinois State Historical Society, 1989), 280; History of Morgan County Illinois (Chicago: Donnelley, Loyd, 1878), 421.