Fort Meigs, Ohio
Lat/Long: 41.551307, -83.651092
Fort Meigs was an American fortification built along the rapids of the Maumee River near the present-day town of Perrysburg, Ohio. Constructed in February 1813 by troops under the command of William Henry Harrison during the War of 1812, Fort Meigs was to serve as a supply depot and staging area for incursions into British North America. In May and July 1813, Harrison's forces withstood combined British-Native American units in two sieges of Fort Meigs, forcing the British to retreat to Canada.
Gilbert Collins, Guidebook to the Historic Sites of the War of 1812, 2nd ed. (Toronto: Dundurn Group, 2006), 56-57; Donald R. Hickey, The War of 1812: A Forgotten Conflict, Bicentennial Ed., (Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 2012), 125-27.