Centreville, Illinois (St. Clair Co.)
County: St. Clair
Lat/Long: 38.5833, -90.1167
The village of Centreville (Centerville), now Millstadt, was platted in 1837. Centreville took its name for its location roughly equidistant from Belleville and Columbia on the Cahokia-Kaskaskia stagecoach line. The U.S. Post Office Department established a post office at Centreville in 1843.
History of St. Clair County, Illinois (Philadelphia: Brink, McDonough, 1881), 254; Edward Callary, Place Names of Illinois (Urbana and Chicago: University of Illinois Press, 2009), 228.