Clark's Exchange Bank
Clark's Exchange Bank of Springfield, Illinois, organized by Nicholas H. Ridgely, was chartered in 1852. Ridgely held the role of president of the bank and gradually purchased the interest of his partners and renamed the bank after himself after four or five years. He eventually added Charles Ridgely and William H. Ridgely as partners, and the bank became N. H. Ridgely and Company. In October 1866, it became the Ridgely National Bank.
Fred R. Marckhoff, "Currency and Banking in Illinois before 1865," Journal of the Illinois State Historical Society 52 (Autumn 1959), 389; History of Sangamon County, Illinois (Chicago: Inter-State, 1881), 627.