Flagg & Savage
Flagg & Savage was a banking house in Quincy, Illinois. Charles A. Savage, Newton Flagg, and L. O. Woodruff established the bank on the south side of Maine Street in 1850. Woodruff became a partner in 1857, and the partners moved the bank to the corner of Fifth and Maine. In November 1857, the bank suspended operations. The bank reopened a few months later, but closed permanently in 1858.
Pat H. Redmond, History of Quincy, and its Men of Mark (Quincy, IL: Heirs & Russell, 1869), 92-93; Daily Illinois State Journal (Springfield), 17 November 1857, 2:2; William H. Collins and Cicero F. Perry, Past and Present of the City of Quincy and Adams County, Illinois (Chicago: S. J. Clarke, 1905), 61.