Richmond, Illinois (Cass Co.)
Richmond was a village located in the Richmond Precinct of Cass County, Illinois. Settlers created the village sometime in the late 1820s or early 1830s. The Post Office Department established a post office in the village in the late 1830s. Henry T. and Abner Foster kept a mercantile establishment in the village. The brothers closed their business in 1837 or 1838, and Richmond ceased to be a center of trade. It no longer exists.
William Henry Perrin, ed., History of Cass County, Illinois (Chicago: O. L. Baskin, 1882), 42, 162-65.