Harrison County, Indiana
Lat/Long: 38.2000, -86.1167
William Henry Harrison, the first governor of the Indiana Territory, lent his name t0 Harrison County upon its creation in 1809. The county contains more than 475 square miles with the Ohio River creating its southern border. Corydon, the county seat, served as the territorial and state capital from 1813 to 1825.
William H. Roose, Indiana's Birthplace: A History of Harrison County Indiana (New Albany, IN: The Tribune, 1911), 15-17, 31; Louis B. Ewbank and Dorothy L. Riker, eds., The Laws of the Indiana Territory, 1809-1816 (Indianapolis: Indiana Historical Bureau, 1934), 6, 8.