B. C. Webster & Company
From 1840 until 1851, Bela C. Webster and Charles P. Webster were partners in a Springfield, Illinois, mercantile store. For at least part of that time prior to 1849, George L. Huntington was also a partner. In 1851, B. C. Webster & Co. was dissolved, and Charles P. Webster entered into a new partnership with Charles W. Matheny under the name of Matheny & Webster.
Sangamo Journal (Springfield, IL), 30 October 1840, 3:4; 20 November 1840, 3:6; Illinois Journal (Springfield), 5 September 1849, 2:1; Illinois Daily Journal (Springfield), 11 January 1849, 3:1; 4 February 1851, 3:1.