Miles & McCoy
Miles & McCoy was a mercantile business owned by George U. Miles and James P. McCoy. Located north of the Menard County Court House in Petersburg, Illinois, Miles & McCoy operated from 1840, until at least 1843.
Pioneers of Menard and Mason Counties (Forest City, IL: T. G. Onstot, 1902), 176-77, 240; Miles & McCoy v. Merrill, Martha L. Benner and Cullom Davis et al., eds., The Law Practice of Abraham Lincoln: Complete Documentary Edition, 2d edition (Springfield: Illinois Historic Preservation Agency, 2009), http://www.lawpracticeofabrahamlincoln.org/Details.aspx?case=135132.