Webster & Hickox
Webster & Hickox was a mercantile establishment in Springfield, Illinois. Partners Bela C. Webster and Virgil Hickox opened the store in May 1834. The store sold fabrics, clothing, hardware, dinnerware, utensils, saddles, wines, groceries, and "a good assortment of every thing usually called for in a country store."
Sangamo Journal (Springfield, IL), 3 May 1834, 3:6; 22 November 1839, 4:2; 10 January 1840, 3:7.