Lat/Long: 40.1833, -90.1333
Located on the Illinois River roughly forty miles northwest of Springfield, Illinois, Bath was originally part of Morgan County. It received a U.S. Post Office in September 1834, was placed in Cass County upon that county's creation in March 1837, and finally became part of Mason County in January 1841. Bath was the county seat of Mason County from 1843 to 1850 and was incorporated as a village in February 1857.
Lippincott's Gazetteer of the World. A Complete Pronouncing Gazetteer or Geographical Dictionary of the World (Philadelphia: J. P. Lippincott, 1880), 597; James N. Adams, comp., Illinois Place Names (Springfield: Illinois State Historical Society, 1989), 287; Joseph Cochrane, Centennial History of Mason County (Springfield, IL: Rokker's Steam Printing House, 1876), 33.