McDonough County, Illinois
Lat/Long: 40.4667, -90.6667
The Illinois General Assembly created McDonough County in 1826 from Schuyler County. It remained attached to Schuyler County for administrative purposes until 1830, when the legislature appointed a site for the county seat and named it Macomb.
"An Act Supplementary to an Act Entitled 'An Act Forming New Counties out of the Counties of Pike and Fulton, and the Attached Parts Thereof,'" 25 January 1826, Laws of Illinois (1826), 76-77; "An Act to Establish a Permanent Seat of Justice for the County of McDonough," 24 December 1830, Laws of Illinois (1831), 62.