Lat/Long: 40.7500, -86.3500
Located at the junction of the Wabash and Eel rivers in Northern Indiana, Logansport is the county seat of Cass County, Indiana. The area that would become Logansport was originally the ancestral lands of Miami and Pottawatomie nations. By the terms of a treaty with the United States in 1826, the Miamis and Pottawatomies gave up their claim to the area, and White settlers began migrating to the region. In April 1828, surveyors surveyed and laid out the plat for the town. In 1831, the Indiana General Assembly incorporated Logansport as a town, and seven years later, state legislators incorporated it as a city. Logansport grew slowly until the 1840s, when completion of the Wabash and Erie Canal made it a transportation hub.
Dr. Jehu Z. Powell, ed., History of Cass County Indiana (Chicago: Lewis, 1913), 1:322-26, 331-33.